Bette Midler assures ‘Hocus Pocus’ fans she will be in upcoming sequel

October 19, 2020

Bette Midler just gave “Hocus Pocus” fans a glimpse of the Sanderson sisters back together.

In a post on Instagram, the 74-year-old actress shared a picture from rehearsal with her “Hocus Pocus” co-stars Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy.

The sisters are preparing to reunite for a Halloween virtual event on October 30.

“Your 3 fav witches - @sarahjessicaparker @kathynajimy & ME - are returning for 1 night only on 10/30 at 8p ET,” Midler captioned the photo that shows the three women rehearsing in full costume.

Today reported that the event is called “In Search of the Sanderson Sisters: A Hocus Pocus Hulaween Takeover,” and is promised to be one of the “hottest pandemic-safe Halloween events of the year.”

“Every year, the New York social calendar in October culminates with Midler’s annual ‘Hulaween’ costume gala, a star-studded fundraiser to benefit NYRP,” a statement said. “This year, due to COVID-19, the event will go virtual, welcoming fans of all ages around the world to attend.”

Virtual event tickets cost $10, where funds will go to NYRP, an organization that Midler began in 1995 to help preserve open green spaces in New York City.

As "Hocus Pocus" fans await the return of the beloved Disney Halloween classic, details on the film have begun to emerge. One major thing fans have wanted to know since the reboot was first announced is if all three original stars would return for the sequel. Now, that has been confirmed as Bette Midler recently said she was on board for ‘Hocus Pocus 2,' Yahoo! reports.

The other two stars of the 1993 film "Hocus Pocus," Kathy Najimy and Sarah Jessica Parker, had previously hinted at their return. Now, with Bette Midler confirming she will be in the film, it appears all three original Sanderson sisters will be in the Disney+ reboot. When asked if she would be a part of the upcoming film, Midler said “Of course! As soon as we sign on the dotted line.”

There are still few details about the reboot, as no release date has been announced. Along with the return of the three stars, the film will be directed by Adam Shankman. While the sequel won’t be out in time for Halloween 2020, at least fans know they will soon have a new Halloween favorite to go along with the beloved original.

LISTEN NOW on the RADIO.COM App
Follow RADIO.COM
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram